The main target group for the ITIL Version 3 Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate includes, but is not restricted to CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers.
Qualification Level: Intermediate
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Introduction to Service Transition
- Service Transition Principles
- Management and control of all Service Transition activities
- Service Transition related activities around communications, commitment and organizational change
- Organizing Service Transition
- Control and coordination of Service Transition technology related activities
- Analysis, justification and selection of the implementation approaches, challenges, critical success factors and risks.
Prerequisites: Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the Version 3 Foundation or Version 2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate)
Examination Format: Multiple Choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
Number of Questions: 8
Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%
Delivery: Online or Paper Based Examination through an Accredited Training Organisation
Exam Duration: Maximum ninety minutes for all candidates in their respective language (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of one hundred and twenty minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
Open/Closed Book: Closed Book.