The target group of the ITIL Version 3 Certificate in Planning, Protection and Optimization is:
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Version 3 Foundation certificate in Service Management, or the ITIL Version 3 Foundation Bridge certificate and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require an in-depth understanding of ITIL Certificate in the Service Offerings and Agreement processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing Service Improvement Program
- Operational staff involved in Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Demand Management, Risk Management, who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
Qualification Level: Intermediate
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service Management as a Practice
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within Planning, Protection and Optimization
- Capacity Management as a capability to realize successful Service Design
- Availability Management as a capability to realize successful Service Design
- IT Service Continuity Management as a capability to support overall Business Continuity Management
- Information security management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Planning, Protection and Optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks.
And specifically in the following key ITIL process and role areas
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risk Management for Service Planning, Protection and Optimization.
Prerequisites: Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the Version 3 Foundation or Version 2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate), which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Examination Format: Multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
Number of Questions: 8
Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%.
Delivery: Online or Paper Based Examination through an Accredited Training Organization.
Exam Duration: Maximum ninety minutes for all candidates in their respective language (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of one hundred and twenty minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary).
Open/Closed Book: Closed Book