Be the first to leave a comment about the above article...
The target group of the ITIL Version 3 Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing Service Improvement Program.
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
Qualification Level: Foundation
The purpose of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to certify that the candidate has gained knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of ITIL practices for Service Management.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service Management as a practice (Comprehension)
- Service Lifecycle (Comprehension)
- Key Principles and Models (Comprehension)
- Generic Concepts (Awareness)
- Selected Processes (Awareness)
- Selected Roles (Awareness)
- Selected Functions (Awareness)
- Technology and Architecture (Awareness)
- ITIL Qualification scheme (Awareness)
Accredited Training: Accredited Foundation training is strongly recommended but not a prerequisite
Examination Format: Multiple Choice
Number of Questions: 40
Pass Score: 65%
Delivery: Online or Paper Based
Exam Duration: Maximum sixty minutes (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their native language have a maximum of seventy-five minutes and are allowed the use of a dictionary)
Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
NB: This page is © Copyright ITILnews.com and / or the relevant publishing author. You may copy this article only in it's entirety, including any author bio and / or credits, and you must link back to www.itilnews.com.